Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Summer Celebration

For the past three years we have been attending Summer Celebration at Lipscomb. I have to say that I think each year it gets a little bit better(if that's possible). I wasn't for sure if I was going to be able to get off work this year but it worked out in the end. We stayed in the dorm along with several other families from church. Madison stayed in a room with Rachel, Claire, and Allie. I think they got very little sleep. I couldn't help but think that in the next 7 years they could be living together in a dorm. YIKES!

Sunday we took Madison to church camp where she will stay until Friday. I had told Grant he could stay at Granny & Pa's since he wasn't old enough for church camp. I spent Sunday night cleaning/organizing closets and drawers. I try very hard to keep a clean house, but for some reason the closets and drawers are never clean and organized. My closet is one of the hardest things for me to keep clean/organized. It's so bad that Cary actually took a picture one time and was going to put it on his blog. Later that night we watched Bucket List.

The movie really made us both stop and think. We kinda got "homesick" for the kids. Cary came home from work early yesterday and spent the day with Grant. They fished and played Rock Band. When I got off work we went to Pizza Hut to eat (one of the few places Grant wants to eat at), and then to the nursing home to see Cary's Grandmother. We then went to Wal-Mart to get Grant some shells for a gun at Pa's. We went back to Granny and Pa's where Cary and Grant decided to shoot the gun. It only took one shot and Grant was done with that. They then proceeded to use the remaining fireworks to blow up pears, plastic jugs and anything else they could find.

No comments: