Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Chiropractors

All summer long my mother has been going to a chiropractor. She started off going 3 times a week and sometimes 2 times a day. With gas prices hovering around $4, I seriously thought she had lost her marbles. She claims to feel 100% better. I asked her to demonstrate on my back what they were doing. It was nothing but light pressure in different areas. I found it hard to believe that it could be helping.

Mom started talking to the chiropractor about Grant's migraines and the chiropractor is certain she can help. So he is going Friday. I also have encountered several other people that feels the same way about this chiropractor and has been going for years. So being the person who will try anything, I had to try this out. So far I have only been twice and I seriously do not see how the small amount of pressure they are applying can help. But I'm keeping an open mind and checkbook. Seriously this isn't cheap. With my Mom's insurance she only has to pay $6 per visit. But with my two insurances combined I am paying $25 per visit, not exactly cheap.

On Monday as I lay face down on the massage table thingy, the chiropractor kept saying things like: "Poor dear", "Oh bless your heart" etc. (I am experiencing frequent head aches that I am sure is not caused by me hunched over at my computer all day reading blogs) The look on my face had to have been priceless. I didn't once ask her what was wrong, because honestly I don't want to know if it's bad. She wants to see me again today and Friday, according to Mom that's bad. I'm going back today so hopefully I will get my nerve up to ask her how bad it is:)

No comments: